Linguine with Clams is one of my favorite and easy to make pasta. There are many ways you can make this but here is a simple version. For me, when cooking "the simpler the better".
- 1 (16 ounce) box linguine pasta or spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 to 1 lb. clams (all meat)
- 1/2 cup butter (no salt if available)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or any cooking oil)
- 2 to 3 tablespoon minced garlic (depends on how garlicky you want it)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2-3 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon black ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- lemon wedges for garnishing
- Bring a large pot of water with 1/2 teaspoon salt to boil. Allow to boil for few minutes then add pasta and boil according to package direction. Make sure not to overcook the pasta. Try to boil it al dente. Once pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil using a large sauce pan or a deep pot in medium heat. Add garlic and sauté till caramelized. Add butter and allow to melt.
- Add clams, basil and ground pepper (if you are using dried parsley, now is the time to add it too) and sauté for few minutes.
- Add water and cover. Heat until boiling or clams is fully cooked.
- Add drained pasta and fresh parsley, stir well and remove from heat.
- Place in a serving dish and serve with parmesan cheese (optional) and lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Check out below Filipino Pasta recipes by clicking the name/link: