- 1 box 9 oz. (255 grams) lasagna pasta
- grated cheddar cheese
- grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese
Filipino Spaghetti Sauce
- 1/2 lb. hotdog, cut into bite size
- 1 lb. ground beef or pork or chicken
- 1 tall bottle banana ketchup
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- sugar, salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Boil water with a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon cooking oil. Cook pasta until al dente.
- Remove pasta from water and drain excess water. Set aside.
- Using a deep pot heat cooking oil and brown slices of hotdog. Remove hotdog and set aside.
- Using the same pot sauté garlic and onion till caramelized. Add ground meat and sauté till meat turns golden brown. Season with ground pepper.
- Add tomato sauce and ketchup. Simmer in low heat for 15-20 minutes while constantly stirring.
- Season with salt and sugar to taste. Add cooked hotdog to the sauce, simmer for 5-10 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
- Using a sauce pan, melt butter in low heat. Stir in cornstarch and blend well.
- Slowly stir in the evaporated milk and continue to cook while constantly stirring.
- Add grated cheese and stir well until melted. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Coat an oven safe dish with butter. Arrange pasta then pour meat sauce, white sauce and grated cheese.
- Repeat the layering of pasta, sauces and cheese until you fill up the dish.
- Top with grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in 350f for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve hot.