- 30 pieces lumpia wrapper
- 15 pieces rip cooking banana (saba), peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded ripe langka (optional)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch diluted in 1/2 cup water (for sealing)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Dilute brown sugar in water using a sauce pan and bring to a boil in low heat. Keep stirring till sauce thickens and turns into a syrup texture. Set aside for later.
- Dilute cornstarch in water and microwave for a minute. Set aside.
- Place a teaspoon of brown sugar on the wrapper. Add a slice of banana and pieces of langka.
- Fold from the bottom up, fold the sides in and continue to roll up. Moisten the top inch with cornstarch diluted in water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over low heat. Add banana turon few at a time in the hot oil. Fry for few minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove and drain excess cooking oil. Allow to cool for few minutes before serving.
- You can either dip the fried turon in the sugar syrup before serving or serve on the side for dipping.
MORE TURON POST....