Pork Hamonado

This recipe is worth a try. Great for party or get together. This dish reminds me of town fiesta back home in Iloilo.
Ingredients:
3 lbs pork loin (fillet, slightly pounded)

Marinade:
2 cups pineapple juice
2 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar
pinch of ground pepper

Filling:
5 pieces hole sweet pickles, sliced
1 carrot, sliced
1 can sliced pineapple, 4 pieces cut into chunks
(the remaining pineapple save for garnish)

Cooking Procedure:
Using a bowl marinate pork in the marinade sauce for at least 20 minutes.
Spread the fillet pork and assemble the filling and roll.
Tie using a string. (I used thread) Wrapped around the meat.
Cook pork in the marinade over low heat till the sauce is thick, while turning or rolling over the sauce. Cover wok.Remove meat and allow it to cool. Remove string before slicing.
Garnish with sliced pineapple and pour the remaining sauce on top and serve. This recipe really worth a try. I will be making this again. I just can't remember w/c website I got this recipe. It turned out really good.

4 comments:

Alisa@Foodista said...

That looks delicious! It gets even better when you marinate it overnight and leave it on the slow cooker. I should make this one soon :)

Cecilia MQ said...

Yes Alisa so delicious! Once I get a chance I will post this recipe in Foodista.

Lee said...

Namit guid man pork, OK lang basta tig-talagsa!

Charenn29 said...

my favorite!!

view more .........

about the cook

My Photo
An Ilongga living in the US of A who loves to share her cooking and photography talent. Not a professional but a trying hard amateur cook and photographer. All of this for the love of food.