Maruya is a Filipino type fritter that is usually made from saba or cooking banana. These Maruya are easy to make and great for snack and even for breakfast. The sliced saba is coated with batter and deep fried until golden brown.
- 3-4 large ripe saba
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup evaporate or fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- cooking oil for frying
- Peel banana and slice lengthwise into 1/3 inch thick or thinner.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt and sugar.
- Add milk, egg and vanilla to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour enough cooking oil in a heated pan.
- Dip banana slices into the batter and fry in medium low heat until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and drain excess oil.
- Dust with sugar before serving. Enjoy.