Filipino Egg Pie aka Egg Custard Pie is a classic Filipino snack in the Philippines. Slow baked Egg Pie that is a perfect snack or dessert anytime of the day. Also, I made the pie crust using graham cracker. Something different and easier to make than a regular pie crust. My family loved it and requested that I should make 2 plate next time.Give it a try and let me know.
Excuse the not so perfect looking piece of pie as I cut it to soon. We just can't wait for it to cool off completely before slicing. It might not look that good but trust me, it's close to perfect.
- 10 inch round baking pan
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham cracker
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Heat over to 350f.
- Stir all ingredients until well mixed.
- Press mixture evenly against bottom and side of the baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove crust from the oven and set aside allowing to cool completely.
- 5 large eggs
- 1 can 12oz. evaporated milk
- 1 can 14oz. condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or kalamansi juice
- Heat evaporated milk for 1 minute in the microwave and set aside.
- Whisk 4 whole egg and 1 egg yolk in a large mixing bowl. (set aside egg white for later use)
- Add condensed milk, vanilla extract, lemon juice and mix well.
- Beat egg white using an electric mixer until it turns foamy.
- Fold egg white into the milk/egg mixture.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Pour the filling mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until fully cooked. (you can insert a toothpick in the center of the pie to see if it's fully cooked)
- Remove the egg pie from the oven and allow to cool. Best to refrigerate overnight before cutting and serving. Enjoy.