Ginisang Monggo is a popular Filipino dish in the Philippines or for Filipinos all over the world. This ginisang monggo or mung beans has pork belly and alogbati leaves.
- 1 1/2 cup mung beans
- 1 lb. pork belly, cut into bite size
- 2 cups alogbati leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon ginisang bagoong (optional but worth adding)
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- water for boiling
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- Boil mung beans in 3-4 cups of water until fully tender. You can always add more water if needed. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion in cooking oil till caramelized. Add pork slices and cook in medium heat untill pork turns crispy brown. Add bagoong and stir for a minute. Add around 3 cups (or more) of water and simmer until meat is tender.
- Add cooked mung beans to the pot, season with salt and ground pepper to taste. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add alogbati leaves, stir well and simmer for few more minutes or till leaves are fully cooked.
- Remove pot from heat and serve hot.
Best when served with fried fish and steam rice.
RELATED (click name/link to see complete recipe)
Monggo with Gulay at Hipon
Monggo with Langka and Pork Ribs
Monggo with Malunggay
Monggo sa Gata at Daing