- 2 lbs. mussels, removed from shell and cleaned
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- Combine cornstarch. flour, salt, garlic powder, ground pepper, egg and water. Mix well until the texture becomes smooth.
- Heat cooking oil in a deep pot.
- Add mussels in the batter and stir.
- Deep fry coated mussel one by one in medium heat for 3 minutes or till it turns golden brown.
For Vinegar Dip
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, diluted in 2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Mix above ingredients aside from cornstarch. Simmer in low heat for few minutes. Add cornstarch, stir well and simmer for few minutes or till thicken.
- Remove from heat and serve as dip.