Bistek Tagalog known as Karne Prita in Ilonggo. Best when served with steam rice.
- 2 lbs. lean beef, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup kalamansi or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoon sugar
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- olives for garnishing
- Mix soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Add beef, mix well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Remove meat and set aside remaining marinade.
Heat pan and add cooking oil. Brown slices of onions and set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry meat till golden brown. Set aside.
- Using the same pan pour remaining marinade and simmer for few minutes. Once the sauce starts to thicken add meat to the pan. Simmer for few more minutes.
- Remove from heat, place in a serving plate and top with onions and olives. Serve hot.