- 2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup pineapple juice or sprite
- 3 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon banana ketchup
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 small jalopeno, for garnishing (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Saute garlic and ginger in olive oil till caramelized. Add shrimp and do a quick stir.
- Pour in pineapple juice or sprite (Try pineapple juice, it gives different but a tasty taste to this dish) and bring to a quick boil in high heat.
- Season with salt, ground pepper and pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Add chili sauce and ketchup. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from the sauce and place in a serving dish.
- Continue to simmer the sauce in low heat till sauce thickens.
- Add slices of jalopeno to the sauce, stir and remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over shrimp and serve hot. Enjoy!