A simple pork ribs adobo recipe cooked dry in achuete oil.
2 lb. pork ribs, cut into bite size
10 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
5 pieces bay leaves
1 tablespoon sugar
salt and ground pepper to taste
1 tablespoon achuete powder
1/3 cup cooking oil
- Dilute achuete oil in 4 tablespoon cooking oil. Set aside.
- Boil ribs till fully cooked. (Use pressure cooker if you have, it will make your cooking time a lot faster.) Remove ribs from water and discard remaining broth.
- Sauté garlic till caramelized.
- Add pork ribs, soy sauce, vinegar, peppercorn, bay leaves, sugar, salt and ground pepper.
- Bring to a boil in medium high heat and mix well till sauce thickens.
- Pour in achuete oil diluted in cooking oil.
- Reduce heat to medium, simmer till it turns dry and all you see is the adobo and achuete oil.
- Serve hot with rice and enjoy!
*You can also use pork belly or chicken or mixed in this recipe*