If you like eggplant then this recipe is for you. A quick, flavorful and a healthy dish. You can use tofu or any meat instead of chicken.
1/2 lb. boneless chicken breast or thigh, cut into bite size
1lb. eggplant, julienne
1 small red bell pepper, julienne
1 green onion, sliced
1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
2 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and ground pepper to taste
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 cup water
For the sauce:
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, water, sugar, salt and ground pepper, set aside.
- Dilute cornstarch in water, set aside
- Fry eggplant and set aside
- Fry chicken slices till golden brown and set aside
- Sauté ginger, garlic and onions till caramelized in medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and cook for few minutes.
- Add chicken and eggplant. Mix well.
- Add sesame oil and green onions. Mix well.
- Pour in soy sauce mixture and cornstarch diluted in little water. Stir well for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
You can add chili flakes if you want it spicy.