Pancit Lomi Recipe




I have been craving for this dish so I decided why not give it a try. I wanted the taste from my favorite Chinese restaurant in Iloilo City so without researching I decided to cook it base on my memory, my taste buds and what ingredients I have in my fridge. It turned out pretty good and no left over at all. I guess I am getting pretty good at this.







Ingredients:


  • 1 lb Miki Noodles (egg noodles)
  • 3 lbs beef bones
  • 1/2 lb pork meat (whole)
  • 1/2 lb store bought kikiam, cut into bite size
  • 2 cups diced cabbage
  • 1 piece carrot, julienne
  • 1 piece sayote, cut into bite size
  • 1 thumb size ginger, minced
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 medium size size onion, quartered
  • 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional) diluted on 3 tablespoon water
  • salt and ground pepper to taste
  • 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
  • 1 tablespoon cooking oil
  • 3 pieces egg
  • chopped green onions for garnish




Cooking Direction:

Using a deep pot boil beef bones in 5-6 cups of water for 2 hours in medium high heat. Add the whole pork, whole pepper corn, slices of onion, hoisin sauce and salt.

Add more water if needed then simmer for another hour. Remove the pork, allow to cool, slice into thin bite size and set aside. Drain the remaining broth and set aside.

Using a separate pot boil 3 cups of water. Allow it to boil then blanch noodles for few minutes. Remove noodles, drain excess water and set aside.

Using a wok heat cooking oil in medium low heat. Saute ginger and garlic till it turns golden brown. Add kikiam and pork to the wok and stir fry for few minutes.

Once the pork and kikiam turns golden brown add carrots and sayote then the broth from the beef bone. Simmer for few minutes. Add the ground pepper then taste the sauce for desired saltiness. Simmer then add the noodles, cabbage and stir.

If desired, you can now add the cornstarch to make the sauce thicker. Simmer for few minutes then add the egg and stir. Remove from heat. Garnish with the slices of green onion, serve and enjoy.





Comments

FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE!

Popular Posts