Chicken Empanada

For Filling
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb chicken breast , deboned and cubed
1 small potato, diced
1 small carrot, diced
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup raisins
1 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
While doing my X-mas shopping I saw this great gadget, molder for empanada. The package comes in 4 pieces and with 3 sizes for $3.99. Great buy. The one I used is the biggest size.Now I have no excuse not to make empanada.
I also used pre-made dough from the supermarket, frozen puff pastry dough. It did not look so perfect but the taste and the dough turned
out pretty good for a first time. For sure this won't be the last time I am making this. Cooking Direction:
Heat oven to 375f.
Saute garlic and onion till golden brown. Add chicken, veggies, chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes. Add raisins and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool . Place a spoon full in the dough.
Sprinkle some flour in the baking pan before arranging the empanada. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. In between brush the empanada
with egg yolk.
Remove from heat and enjoy with an ice glass of coke.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Basta homemade, namit sya, for any kind of dish. Empanada could be in the Christmas table.

Cecilia MQ said...

I agree Lee, test palang ni. I will be making more maybe for New Year.

Anonymous said...

Nang Cel, gosh! I didn't know that I can actually buy the dough!!! I used to make my own! Dang! That was npt easy! .....Nening