Special Mamon

I always love special mamon from Goldilocks so everytime I see it I buy it but I could never have enough. I figure I should try making some using a recipe I found here online. Not bad for first timer.
Ingredients:8 eggs, separate yolks from whites
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
1/3 cup melted Butter
1/3 teaspoon orange extract
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 cup sugar
12 pieces baking cups
Cooking Directions:*Beat egg yolks, 1/2 sugar and water in a mixer at high speed until thick.
*At low speed add baking powder, salt, sifted cake flour, melted butter, orange extract, and lemon extract.
*In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar at high speed.
*Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff for about 5 minutes.
*Fold in the yolk mixture into the whites.
*Pour mixture into the baking cups.
*Bake mamon at 375 degrees for 15 minutes to 20 minutes.
*When done sprinkle grated cheese and return to the oven for a minute to melt the cheese top.

No comments: