Chips and Homemade Salsa

My co-worker brought a lot of fresh picked tomatoes from his garden. So ripe and so juicy that I decided to make salsa and shared it today at work. Everyone loved it and few asked for the recipe.

Chips and Salsa is always a hit. Great for parties, get together or just even watching a movie at home.

Ingredients:
3 lbs. ripe tomato
1 bunch cilantro
2 pcs. onion
4 pcs. jalapenos
6 pcs. lime
salt and pepper to taste

How to:
On your stove top grill the jalapeno peppers and let it cool. Chop tomatoes, cilantro, onions and jalapenos finely. Mix in a deep bowl and chill.
On a separate bowl juice the lime and season with salt and pepper.
Now add the seasoned lime juice with the tomato mixture. Mix for 10 minutes, cover and chill overnight.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Cecilia, Your blog is awesome. I finally had the time to look at your blog and make the salsa recipe! You make cooking look so easy. Next time I need a recipe, I'm coming here.

Thanks,
Marilyn