Biko w/ Latik

I had been searching the web for an easier way of cooking Biko, one of my favorite Filipino kakanin (dessert) when I saw this recipe. I just can't remember w/c Filipino food blog so I could get more kakanin recipe :) My first attempt surprisingly turned out really good.
Ingredients:
5 cups sweet rice (malagkit)
2 1/2 c. sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups coconut milk
3 cups water
2 teaspoon vanilla
Cooking Directions:Wash malagkit rice and set aside.
Add sugar, coconut milk, water, sugar, vanilla and salt to the rice.
Cook for 30-45 minutes until rice is tender, sticky and dry. (First on medium heat then once it starts to boil reduce heat to low)
Transfer cooked rice to a pan sprayed with Pam or butter spread on the sides. Spread and even the Bico on the pan. Let it cool. Making Latik:Pour 1 can of coconut milk in a sauce pan. Bring to boil. Once it start to boil reduce heat to low and simmer. Keep stirring till the coconut milk starts to dry and turns brown. Strain the latik to get rid of the excess oil.
Sprinkle latik on top of the cooked biko and serve.

No comments: