Pata in Hoisin Sauce

Another recipe of UT-Man from Abu Dhabi, http://overseaspinoycooking.blogspot.com/.
He is now my new idol in cooking. This is the second recipe I got from his website and so far both of the recipe turned out really good. I know this won't be the last...... Thank's Mr. Ut-Man!
I got interested in Braised Pork Leg with Hoisin Sauce recipe of Ut-Man. Seems to me like a chinese recipe and it looks so good that it's worth a try. After two hours of slow cooking on medium heat it's all worth it because it is what I expected. Really tasty and reminded me of Summer House Restaurant in Iloilo. I just can't remember what they call this menu.
Recipe of http://overseaspinoycooking.blogspot.com/:
Pata, pork leg
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
1 head garlic, crushed
2-3 pcs. dried chili
1 pc. star anise
1 tbsp. cornstarch (I did not use cornstarch)
1 tsp. sugarsalt

Cooking direction:
Ask the butcher to saw cut the pork leg into large serving pieces. Wash thoroughly and remove all traces of blood. In a saucepan put cut pork leg, pour water to cover, bring to a boil and simmer for a minute. Now drain first boiled water and rinse off all scum. Return cut pork leg in the saucepan pour fresh water to cover, add in garlic, soy sauce, star anise and dried chili. Bring to a boil and simmer at low to medium heat for 1 hour, add more water as necessary. Add sugar, hoisin sauce and oyster sauce simmer for another 25-30 minutes or until the meat is tender and the pork skin is soft like gelatin and the liquid is reduced to about half. Thicken sauce with cornstarch diluted in 1/4 cup water. Season with salt to taste if required. Serve hot with a lot of rice.

6 comments:

Lee said...

Daw namit haw, with hoisin sauce? That reminds me of adobo-paksiw with banana flower!

nat10977 said...

pirme man ko sina ga luto, pro like Lee's adobo-paksiw with banana flowers..di bala tawag sang cebuano 'humba'

Cecilia MQ said...

Lee....Nat....kanamit sang mga recipe ni UT-Man... huo ako man magluto sina may banana flower ky amo na naandan ko kay Papa ko nga cooking. This recipe ni UT-Man manamit. Simple lang pero daw chinese cooking I guess tungod sa anise and hoisen sauce.

ut-man said...

I am honored…
I am happy that my recipes works with others, thank you Cecilla MQ more power!

Cecilia MQ said...

Mr. UT-Man you should be. What you doing is really a dedication to a lot of pinoys outside Pinas. It makes our life easier.

nat10977 said...

UT MAN has a blog filled with delicious recipes!!! it will be another "cookbook" for me...